Four posts into this Christmas Beauty Series, I am thrilled to be sharing another one of my favorite recipes. Today’s recipe contains honey and cinnamon. This treatment brings out the natural highlights in your hair without damaging it. Honey contains a small amount of peroxide, which although small, is the reason for its natural lightening properties.
What you will need
1/4 cup honey
1 cup water
1 tbs cinnamon (adds some red tints)
Shower cap (or plastic bag)
- Start by mixing the honey and cinnamon in a bowl, and then add the water.
- Over the tub carefully begin to spoon the mixture onto your head.
- Brush through hair with fingers until the mixture is thoroughly applied.
- Bring hair up into a bun, and place a shower cap or plastic bag over top of your head.
- Let sit for 1 to 2 hours. The longer it sits, the better your results.
- Now remove the plastic bag and thoroughly wash your hair with shampoo.
- All done!!!!
Sorry my post was one day late. I hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying the Christmas season.